Here at HSM, we advance organisations by working with them to co-create a sustainable future. Through our research and advisory work, we bridge the gap between strategy and culture. As trusted advisors to the world’s biggest companies, we help leaders develop insights to create impact on high visibility projects. Over our twelve-year history, we’ve worked with FTSE 100 companies, Magic Circle law firms, and the Big Four professional services firms.
We’re looking for people who are inspired by unleashing human potential; who have an innate curiosity about what enables people to perform; and who are hungry to make an impact through innovative and fast-paced change programmes.
Here are the ways in which we would expect a member of our Management team to add value:
Lead complex people-based projects
• Acting as project lead on the delivery of complex global projects on exciting and often sensitive topics relating to people and change
• Leading facilitation of various focus groups, design workshops and leader interviews
• Anticipating how things connect and potential challenges or blockers throughout the project lifecycle
• Engaging stakeholders effectively, at all levels of seniority
• Empathising with the client’s internal challenges and providing support to overcome blockers
• Building rapport virtually and across different cultures
• Ability to manage a team of consultants through complex qualitative analysis
• Ability to edit reports to client-facing level
Build our business
• Identifying the core problem HSM can solve for a client and how
• Communicating insights and project updates to clients in a professional manner
• Building relationships with new and existing clients to generate ongoing business
• Demonstrating a curiosity and passion for creating better workplaces for people
• Delivery of keynote presentations on HSM insights and research
• Pragmatic and commercial approach to helping clients
Create a flourishing HSM culture
• Actively develops other team members, providing feedback and direction to junior members
• Helps with onboarding new, junior team members
• Demonstrates a positive and ‘can-do’ approach to their work
• Inclusive and respectful of all colleagues and always seeks to be supportive
Deliver Great work
• Delivering high quality work on entire deliverables within an advisory programme, to a high degree of autonomy
• Leading project teams and managing deadlines accordingly
• Harnessing strong understanding of HSM research and insights
• Analysing client data to derive insights within companies, and translate these for the client into tangible recommendations
• Delivering key internal projects as required (such as project management tools) to enhance overall ways of working
What we are looking for
• We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, keen to lead and learn and good at working in a dynamic environment – we’re a small team so are often required to help out on tasks outside our direct role
• You’re well-organised, capable of structuring your working days and weeks to add value on many projects simultaneously, and thrive at delivering at pace with the support of a fantastic and truly collegiate team
• You bring a good sense of perspective and are able to stay focused on the bigger picture and reset when there are challenges or blockers to support team motivation
• Your levels of empathy enable you to both support your colleagues and team and also navigate complex and sensitive issues for our clients
• You are a strong communicator with an ability and willingness to have difficult conversations when necessary and to flex your style to suit different stakeholders. You listen and ask questions rather than make assumptions
• You are able to connect information and ideas to respond to unique client needs and work with the team to develop new services for our clients
• Essential: 8 plus years’ work experience, ideally in a large consultancy firm e.g. Accenture, Deloitte or Professional Services firm.
• Desirable: a background in change management, innovation, organisational behaviour, management studies, or HR-related fields.
• A minimum 2.1 degree (or equivalent).
You will be enthusiastic and engaged and will join our team based in Covent Garden in Central London (currently remote). We work in an incredibly exciting and cutting-edge environment. Each of our team members bring something unique and we would expect you to do the same. This is an environment where you can grow and flourish, so it is crucial that you are passionate and self-motivated. We put a lot of effort into helping each team member build capabilities and develop their full potential, both as part of the role and in relation to their unique skills and aptitudes. Part of this is being involved in a wide variety of work as well as being ready and able to support other team members.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion or belief, and socio-economic background.
We also welcome applicants from those who have taken a career break.